The New England Patriots (2-1) will get their stiffest challenge of the season when they travel to Arrowhead Stadium to take on the Kansas City Chiefs (3-0) in a nationally televised game at 4:25 p.m. ET in Week 4. Below, we preview the Patriots-Chiefs Week 4 betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and best bets.
Patriots at Chiefs betting odds and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Friday at 10 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Patriots +250 (bet $100, win $250) | Chiefs -304 (bet $304, win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Patriots +6.5 (-110) | Chiefs -6.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 52.5 (O: -110, U: -110)
Special Week 4 NFL Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on ANY NFL team’s Sunday money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if ANY TEAM scores a touchdown during Sunday’s Week 4 action. Regardless of the outcome of your bet, you win with a touchdown scored by any team.
Place your legal, online NFL bets in CO, IN, NJ and WV at BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks. Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Patriots at Chiefs game notes
- The Chiefs are 11-1 against the spread in their last 12 games, 8-0 ATS in their last eight home games and 10-0 on the money line in their last 10 games.
- New England has hit the Over in five of its last seven games and four of its last five road games.
- The Over has hit five times in the last six head-to-head meetings.
- The Patriots are 2-7 straight up in their last nine road meetings with the Chiefs.
- The Chiefs always get a high Over/Under number and hit the Under in eight of their last 12 games.
- The Patriots are 6-0 in their last six October games.
Patriots at Chiefs key injuries
- WR Julian Edelman (knee) probable
- RB Sony Michel (quad) probable
- OT Isaiah Wynn (calf) questionable
- G Shaq Mason (calf) questionable
- DT Chris Jones (groin) questionable
Patriots at Chiefs: Odds, betting lines, picks and prediction
Chiefs 37, Patriots 20
Money line (?)
The Chiefs are prohibitive favorites at -304. Anything below -250 is a bet you shouldn’t want to make. The Chiefs are more likely than not to roll the Patriots simply because, despite Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s ability to show unfilmed looks, Kansas City is just too good to muzzle.
AVOID this bet.
Against the spread (?)
Kansas City is a 6.5-point favorite (-110 on both sides) despite coming off a short week from its dismantling of the Baltimore Ravens on Monday Night Football. The Patriots are still viewed as a yardstick team but the Chiefs have too many weapons for the Pats defense to hold down.
Take the CHIEFS -6.5 (-110) and lay the points (and potentially be bold and take a higher number on an alternate line for better return)
This is a tough one at 52.5 (-110 Over, -110 Under) because you have two of the greatest in-game coaches of all time matching up and they have the ability to play call to stop the bleeding if things are going bad. However, they also don’t take their foot off the gas when there’s the chance to drop the hammer on an opponent.
Patriots QB Cam Newton is capable of providing the 20 points needed to hit the Over. Take the OVER 52.5 (-110).
Want action on this NFL game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.