Items for the Recreation Calendar will not be taken over the telephone and must be mailed (1700 E. Iron, Suite 101, Salina, KS 67401), email to [email protected] or faxed (785-376-0228). Only items received by Noon, Monday will be ensured of publication in the following Sunday’s paper. Area codes are 785 unless otherwise noted.
• Salina Storm is looking to fill roster positions for ages 14 & under through 8 & under teams … for information, call or text Mike Sutton at 829-0871.
• MAY 1 AT SALINA: SAYSI tournaments at Berkley Family Recreation Area … $325 entry fee for 12 & under, 13 & under and 14 & under … 3-game guarantee … deadline is April 23 … send entry fee & roster to Salina Fieldhouse, SAYSI, 140 N. 5th, Salina, 67401 … for information call Daryl Hoelting at 577-2907 or email daryl.hoelting @gmail.com
• JUNE 19 AT SALINA: SAYSI good sport tournaments at Bill Burke Park & Berkley Family Recreation Area … 8 & under, 9 & under, 10 & under, 11 & under and 12 & under at Burke … 13 & under and 14 & under at BFRA … $250 entry fee for 8 & under, $275 entry fee for 9 & under, $300 entry fee for 10 & under, 11 & under and 12 & under, $325 entry fee for 13 & under and 14 & under … 3-game guarantee … deadline is June 11 … send entry fee & roster to Salina Fieldhouse, SAYSI, 140 N. 5th, Salina, 67401 … for information call Daryl Hoelting at 577-2907 or email daryl.hoelting @gmail.com
• JUNE 14-17 AT GOODLAND, JUNE 21-24 AT CANTON, JUNE 28-JULY 1 AT SALINA: Point Guard U camps for Boys & Girls, grades 3-12 … Goodland camp at Max Jones Fieldhouse, Canton camp at Canton-Galva HS & Salina camp at Salina Fieldhouse … 3rd-5th grade campers from 8-11 a.m. each day … 6th-8th grade campers from Noon-3 p.m. each day & 9th-12th grade campers from 4-7 p.m. each day … $125 entry fee per player … for registration & information, go online at www.pointguarduniversity.com/camps
Basketball officials camps
• MAY 21-23 AT GARDNER, JULY 16-18 AT WICHITA: Kansas Basketball Officials Camps at New Century Fieldhouse, 551 New Century Pkwy, New Century, Kan. & at Fast Forward Premier Athletic Facility, 5260 N. Toler Drive, Bel Aire, Kan. … $125 entry fee for current staff members, $150 entry fee per non-staff members … 3 p.m. registration … make check or money order to Kansas Basketball Officials Camp … mail fee & registration to Kansas Basketball Officials Camp, Joan Blazek, P.O. Box 3111, Lawrence, 66046 … for information email [email protected]
• Group bicycle rides or riding partners available at www.facebook.com/salinabikeriders
• Group bicycle rides on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m., meeting at Bike Tek, 660 S. Ohio … Monday ride is 10-20 miles at 15 mph, Tuesday ride is 20-30 miles at 15-20 mph and Thursday rides are 25 miles & more at 20 mph & more … for information call Shawn at 825-7314.
• Switchgrass mountain bike trails at Wilson State Park … natural surface trails for riders, novice to expert … distance options from 1/4 mile to 22 miles … start at Switchgrass campground in Hell Creek area … park permit and helmets required … no motors or horses … for rules, events, maps, photos, etc. go online at www.facebook.com/switchgrasstrail
• Saturday bicycle rides at 9 a.m., starting at Ad Astra Books & Coffee House, 141 N. Santa Fe … all welcome to ride.
• USGA handicaps are available to golfers from Salina and the nearby communities through the Salina Municipal Golf Association (SMGA) … Membership in the SMGA is $30 per year and qualifies members to play in all SMGA tournaments … for information call the pro shop at the Salina Municipal G.C. at 826-7450.
• Thursday Seniors Days at Salina Municipal G.C. for players 55 & over beginning April 1, 2021 … player check-in for April & October is 8:30 a.m., shotgun start at 9 a.m. … player check-in for May-September is 7:30 a.m., shotgun start at 8 a.m. … $30 membership in Salina Municipal Golf Association required … for questions call Bob Holston at 577-3419.
• MAY 15 AT LINCOLN: 2-person scramble at Lincoln G.C. … 9 a.m. start … for information call Jon at 658-5581.
• JUNE 13 AT LINCOLN: 3-person scramble at Lincoln G.C. … 9 a.m. start … for information call Jon at 658-5581.
• JULY 11 AT LINCOLN: 2-person scramble at Lincoln G.C. … 9 a.m. start … for information call Jon at 658-5581.
• Salina Hiking Club hosts hikes in the spring and fall, locally and around the state … all levels of experience and interest are welcome to join … for information email [email protected]
Hunting & shooting
• Wednesdays 3 p.m. to dusk, Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Gypsum Valley Sporting Clays II is open to the public … one mile south of Highway K-4 on Niles Road … for information call 536-4535 or 819-6384.
• Elite Sports Complex open play Saturday at 7928 S. Old Highway 81 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. … woodsball and speedball available … for registration and information call 633-2584 or visit www.salinapaintballcomplex.com
• JUNE 19 AT SALINA: SAYSI kickoff tournaments at Bill Burke Park … $250 entry fee for 8 & under, $275 entry fee for 9 & under, $300 entry fee for 10 & under, 12 & under and 14 & under … 3-game guarantee … deadline is June 11 … send entry fee & roster to Salina Fieldhouse, SAYSI, 140 N. 5th, Salina, 67401 … for information call Daryl Hoelting at 577-2907 or email daryl.hoelting @gmail.com
• The Salina Aquatics Club has open registration for individuals interested in joining the team … the individual must be able to swim the length of the pool, 25 yards … for information email [email protected]
• Table Tennis instruction provided by Salina Parks & Recreation and the Salina Table Tennis Club each Monday from 6-10 p.m. at First Covenant Church, 2625 East Magnolia Road … no entry fees … instruction available for youth and adults … enter east doors under the awning, doors close behind each entry … for entry call Pete Smucker at 201-5075.
• Table Tennis league in Abilene meets Thursday nights from 6-9 p.m. at the Abilene Senior Center, 100 N. Elm Street … for information call 263-0577 or email [email protected]
• Pickleball at the Salina Family YMCA, 570 YMCA Drive … Pickleball played Monday-Friday mornings from 9-11:30 a.m. & Wednesday and Friday evenings from 6:30-9 p.m. … days & times may vary … free with YMCA membership … $5 entry fee for non-YMCA members … for information call 825-2151.