- Dena Roché is a wine consultant and founder of Vin Roché, a private wine services business based in Phoenix, Arizona.
- After 10 years working as a travel writer, Roché decided to make a career change centered around her love and knowledge of wine and launched Vin Roché.
- Through partnerships with other vendors, Roché’s clients have access to a wine club membership and direct delivery services, as well as curated wine dinners and virtual themed tastings.
- A late-stage career change can be challenging, so Roché says it’s important to combine something you’re passionate about with your existing skills and expertise.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
For the last 10 years, I was living a dream life, paid to go on vacation and write about it for magazines and online publications. Through a lot of networking and pitching ideas, I built up my reputation and portfolio as a freelance travel