Six Flags Great Adventure’s drive-thru holiday lights show has been extended for an additional week at the end of the traditional holiday season.
The extra week will include daily shows from Jan. 4 to Jan. 10, Six Flags announced on Monday.
Featuring more than a million lights and holiday music, the show has been running Monday through Thursday since Nov. 30. The park’s regular rides and attractions are open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and select other days through Jan. 3.
The lights shows was originally scheduled to conclude Jan. 3.
Tickets are $14.99 per person and must be purchased ahead of time. Season pass holders will be admitted free but must still make an online reservation. Reservations are still being accepted.
Among the highlights of the 12 section drive-thru:
- North Pole, which contains Santa’s House and features dancing lights traveling around the Bumper Cars pavilion as well as two massive nutcrackers
- Joy to the World in which visitors will travel over massive snowflake light projections under illuminated trees and continue through Twinkle Tunnel.
- Main Street Christmas, which includes a five-story, LED Christmas tree
- Gingerbread Junction features the Carousel pavilion’s light show, peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, and giant, peppermint light projections
- Snowman City and Stewey, its three-story inflatable snowman
Our journalism needs your support. Please subscribe today to NJ.com