The PlayStation 5 is out this week in India. As the name suggests, it’s Sony’s fifth home console not counting Slim and Pro variants of past releases as well as microconsoles like the PS Vita TV. The PS5 is the fourth Sony console to make it to India officially as Sony didn’t have a presence in the country for PlayStation until the PS2. From its release date to price and games, here’s everything you need to know about the PS5.
PS5 India Price
The PS5 India price is Rs. 49,990. This is for the disc version of the console. The PS5 Digital Edition is not coming at launch and Sony has not given a release date just yet.
PS5 India Release Date
The PS5 India release date is February 2, 2021. Accessories available at launch include the HD Camera and DualSense controller.
PS5 India Accessories Prices
As mentioned above, only the HD Camera and DualSense will be available at launch. However Sony has revealed how much each PS5 accessory would cost when they become available.
- DualSense controller – Rs. 5,990
- HD Camera – Rs. 5,190
- Pulse 3D Wireless Headset – Rs. 8,590
- Media Remote – Rs. 2,590
- DualSense Charging Station – Rs. 2,590
PS5 Game Prices for India
In addition to Sony’s own exclusives, more games have been revealed for purchase at launch when the PS5 went up for pre-order last month. 15 games can be purchased at retail with more on the way.
- Demon’s Souls – Rs. 4,999
- Sackboy A Big Adventure – Rs. 3,999
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Rs. 3,999
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition – Rs. 4,999
- Immortals Fenyx Rising – Rs. 3,999
- Just Dance 2021 – Rs. 3,499
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Rs. 3,999
- Hitman 3 – Rs. 3,999
- Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition – Rs. 5,999
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate – Rs. 2,999
- Watch Dogs Legion Resistance Edition – Rs. 3,999
- Godfall – Rs. 5,299
- The Pathless – Rs. 3,999
- WRC 9 – Rs. 3,999
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – Rs. 5,499
PS5 India Restock Date
Several Sony Centers we spoke to have stated that Sony has not confirmed when the PS5 restocks would be available. At the moment it has not discussed these plans with them. Considering Sony Centers are Sony’s own retailers, it’s quite likely that no restock plans have been discussed with any game store in the country right now.
The PS5 sold out in mere minutes in India and company will not have any more pre-orders for the console. We reached out to Sony for comment and received the following statement via email:
“We are not planning pre-order for PS5 before 2nd February. Please stay in touch with retailers for future pre-order updates.”
To make matters worse, if you missed out on pre-ordering and were dependent on the PS5 restock bot for Telegram, you’re out of luck as its creator has taken it down following derogatory user feedback.
PS5 Restocks: Where to Buy in India Online
- Amazon India: the e-commerce giant has been one of the biggest console sellers in the country and had PS5 stock longer than other sites during the pre-order period. Expect it to get the PS in stock before others. The company told us that “customers can avail No Cost EMI on HDFC, Axis Bank, ICICI and SBI cards starting INR 8,332.”
- ShopAtSC: Sony’s retail chain in India goes by the Sony Center moniker or SC for short with ShopAtSC being its online destination. If you buy one from here chances are it will be delivered to you by a Sony Center close to your location.
- Vijay Sales: consumer electronics chain Vijay Sales is an interesting choice for Sony to supply its wares to as it isn’t usually the first name that comes to mind when buying video games or consoles. Source familiar with Sony’s plans state that the chain sells PS5s due to it having the highest number of Bravia TV sales in the country.
- Croma: Croma was absent from selling video games and consoles in any meaningful way for most of the PS4 generation making it another peculiar choice. This electronics retailer was perhaps selected due to its all-India presence.
- Reliance Digital: similar to Croma and Vijay Sales, Reliance Digital has been quiet for most of the PS4 era. However it has the largest number of stores across the country with 8,000. While it’s unlikely that it will get as many PS5s as the number of stores it has, we’d suggest caution before buying.
- Flipkart: the Walmart-owned website has stumbled with its Xbox Series X launch and restocks, to the point of bullying customers to refund their orders. If you had to order from Flipkart we’d recommend doing so at the earliest to avoid such problems.
PS5 Restocks: Where to Buy in India Offline
- Sony Centers: perhaps one of the safer bets, expect steady supply of PS5 restocks when Sony eventually brings them in.
- Games The Shop: also known as GTS, it’s one of the few specialist game store chains in India. Its parent company is games distribution giant E-xpress known for bringing titles from publishers like Sega, Square Enix, Ubisoft, and 2K to Indian shores. E-xpress also works with Sony in terms of distributing and selling digital codes for the PS Store and PS Plus. Games The Shop will have PS5 restocks both online and at its stores across the country.
- Your local game store: chances are the game stores in your neighbourhood should get some PS5 stock as well though it would be better to call first before landing up in store as quantities appear to be as limited.
Will My PS5 Pre-Order Get Cancelled?
Outside of Reliance Digital, IGN India has not heard of any retailer cancelling PS5 pre-orders. Safe to say if you haven’t heard of a cancellation from your store right now, you’re likely going to get one. That said, if you pre-ordered online, don’t expect your console on time.
Will My PS5 Pre-Order Reach Me on February 2, 2021 Release Date?
At the moment, retailers have received their shipments of the PS5. However Sony has instructed them not to ship the console until February 2, 2021 itself. It’s quite likely that Sony has dictated these terms in order for retail to be in sync with any marketing and communications plans it has in place for the PS5. But what it also means is, if you pre-ordered a PS5 online and expected to get one on the release date of February 2, chances of that happening are pretty slim. We’d recommend checking with your retailer to know when you’d get your console.