Make the most of 2021 by learning something new.
From how to strum a ukulele and incorporating nature into your writing to the history of jazz in New York City and taking on a virtual 5K, the Greeley Tribune has uncovered a variety of fun events and programs for the whole family.
Friday, Jan. 8
1. Cleanse your body of stress and anxiety with Yoga Flow with Shank. The free online event begins at 6 a.m. and it open to all ages and abilities. For more information, or to register for the class, go to http://bit.ly/3b0unCH.
2. Join the first quiz of 2021 at the Virtual Pub Quiz. Gather a team of friend and join the online event featuring four rounds of trivia to inform and entertain participants. Admission is $10 per team and all ages welcome to participate. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/3b1iRXD.
3. Exercise your vocal cords at The Sweetness of Singing with Sherry at 1 p.m. online. Learn songs of inspiration, love and hope while mingling virtually. The event is free but donations are welcome. All ages and singing abilities are invited to join. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/38VKa32.
4. Learn how to play the ukulele at the online Sip and Strum Adult Ukulele Class hosted by beachside Music Lessons and Therapy. Grab your favorite beverage and learn a new skill in 2021. The class is $29.99 per household. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/38T1CVU.
Saturday, Jan. 9
5. The Want Different, Do Different Nutrition 101 Class begins at 9 a.m. online. Learn how to properly fuel your body, break bad eating habits, understand how nutrients and calories determine your size and more. The 28-day program is $150 per person and all ages are welcome to attend. For more information, or to sign up for the class, go to http://bit.ly/387BwPN.
6. Tickets for WeldWerks Brewing Co.’s release of Medianoche Reserve and Coffee Maple Achromatic bottles go on sale at 10 a.m. online with pickups beginning Friday, Jan. 15 through Sunday, Feb. 7 at 508 8th Ave. Bottles of Medianoche Reserve will sell for $28 each and Coffee Maple Achromatic will be going for $16 each. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/38XYmZl.
7. ArtLit 2021: Rhythms and Rhymes hosted by Pompano Beach Arts begins online at 8 a.m. with live performances and artists creating amazing works of art in real time. The free online event is open to all ages. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/38REJCd.
8. Harry Potter fans can take part in the Virtual Yule Ball 2021 at 4 p.m. online. Activities include magic classes, music, costume contest, live owls and more. All ages are welcome to attend. Tickets are $15 per household. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/353G1ZP.
9. Joan Baez Mischief Makers 2: An Intimate Evening With the Artist on the Occasion of Her 80th Birthday begins at 6:30 p.m. The online event will feature a solo performance from Baez showcasing her portraits of people making the world a better place. Tickets start at $15 per household. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/3rPpB0T.
Sunday, Jan. 10
10. Lace up your running shoes and take part in the Escape from 2020 Virtual Run. Runners get to choose their course and can do it solo or with family and friends. The run is open to all ages. Tickets are $45 per person. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/384diWt.
11. Is your dog nervous or jumpy when out on walks? Then the Reactive Rehab Webinar might just help you understand your dog’s fears and anxiety. The two-hour online class will cover techniques to use when your dog reacts negatively to situations. The class will also discuss focus cues, emergency exit tricks and how to facilitate meeting other dogs. The class is $30 per household. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/352jqgb.
Tuesday, Jan. 12
12. Learn how to reduce stress through guided meditation. The online event takes place every Tuesday from 5 to 7:30 p.m. for eight weeks. Participants will get guided medications as well as Mp3s for home practice. Admission to the class is $2.99 per person. For more information, or to sign up for the course, go to http://bit.ly/3pACjyy.
13. Hone your drawing skills at Drop-in Drawing Online at 1 p.m. The free class is open to all ages and will be led by artist Anna Kaye. Kaye will take participants through different art-making techniques inspired by the Denver Art Museum’s exhibit “Senga Nengudi: Topologies.” For more information, go to http://bit.ly/3ncwoOl.
14. Susan’s Sign Language for Kids begins at 6:30 p.m. online. The free class is geared toward kids ages 6 to 12 years and will teach kids how to fingerspell, the alphabet, colors and animal signs. Registration is required. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/2X2p9Om.
15. The High Plains Library District is hosting an online author talk at 6:30 p.m. Author Jeri Norgren and photographer John Fielder will be discussing their new book “Colorado’s Highest: The History of Naming the 14,000-foot Peaks.” Learn about the first men who climbed these peaks, sketched the mountains and more. The free event is open to all ages. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/3oeYavi.
Wednesday, Jan. 13
16. The New York Adventure Club is hosting History of Jazz in NYC at 6 p.m. The online program will talk about how jazz went mainstream and transformed into a new rhythm called swing. Jazz historian Matthew “Fat Cat” Rivera will lead the virtual presentation. Tickets are $10 per household. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/356JJSq.
Thursday, Jan. 14
17. Expand your culinary skills at Virtual Cooking with Chef April at 4 p.m. The free online event will teach viewers how to make Zuppa Toscana soup and Home Sweet Home Wild Rice soup. Registration is required. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/355Tn7F.
18. Join the Bird Conservancy of the Rockies at 11 a.m. for an online writing workshop in how to engage with birds in a new way. The event will feature nature-themed readings, writing exercises and how to incorporate nature writing into outdoor activities. The event is free but donations are welcome. All ages are welcome to attend. Registration is required. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/3n66fkf.